As I said in my previous post I absolutely fell in love with cobalt blue which is one of this season’s colours and will remain popular through autumn. It has been a runway hit in autumn/winter 2014/2015 collections, particularly during London Fashion Week.
Some people are bit wary of wearing cobalt blue as they think it’s too bold and hard to match with other colours. But surprisingly to their opinion this vivid blue can be paired well across the colour palette – it is a perfect companion to pastels and adds even more vivacity when mixed with other bold colours.
Also it looks amazing on any complexion form fair to dark and you can wear it all year round. So give it a try! Start embracing this beautiful hue and you will love to wear it.
Have a look at my suggestions how to wear cobalt blue.
Blue & Yellow
Blue & Yellow is a very summery combination. Perfect for beach and holiday wear.
Dress: Strappy Chiffon Layered High Low Dress £14.95
Beach Bag: Replay Cream Woven Beach Style Bag £49.99
Necklace: Mata Traders Statement Strewn with Sunlight Necklace £16
Bracelet: DSQUARED2 Women’s Bracelet £72
Sandals: Bling Perforated T-Strappy Sandals £9.85
Blue & White
This colour combination reminds me Greek islands and it can be used for casual or formal outfit. It also looks great as a city chic outfit.
Blouse: FAITH CONNEXION Pleated Silk Blouse £189 (was £420)
Trousers: Etro Cropped Straight-Leg Pants £103 (was £205)
Bag: CHLOÉ Marcie Medium Tote £1325
Necklace: Safara Cobalt Blue Plaited Crystal Bead Necklace £15
Sandals: Antonio Berardi + Rupert Sanderson Redondo Suede and PVC Sandals £318 (was £795)
Dress: Tart Shiloh Stretch-Jersey Dress £97.50 (was £195)
Blazer: Zara £69.99
Clutch Bag: Clare Vivier Pebble Fold Over Clutch £120
Bracelet: Kurt Geiger London Gill Bracelet Nude £15 (was £30)
Sandals: Miss KG Empire £80
Blue & Green
This is one my favourite combinations. Some people find it quite unexpected but I think green or turquoise compliments cobalt blue very beautifully. It is a bold look which guarantees you will be noticed.
Dress: Diane von Furstenberg Perry Dress £280 (was £400)
Clutch Bag: Serpui Marie Straw Pouch £27
Earrings: Kenneth Jay Lane Gold-plated Clip Earrings £60 (was £150)
Bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs Gold-Tone Cuff £52 (was £130)
Sandals: Saint Laurent Two-Tone Leather Sandals £312 (was £520)
Blue & Fuchsia
I’ve never used to wear this combination myself but I am falling in love with it. Great for a glamorous look.
Dress: Matthew Williamson Silk-Chiffon Gown £647.50 (was £925)
Belt: New Look Gold Plaited Snake Chain Belt £4.99
Clutch Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Coco Clutch £130
Necklace: Rosantica Raissa Necklace £448
Bracelet: Kim Seybert Fuschia and Gold £30
Sandals: Saint Laurent Classic Jane 110 Ankle Strap Sandal In Neon Pink £465
My Picks From The HighStreet
1. Missguided Bakiya Cobalt Blue Lace Cut Out Maxi Dress £44.99
2. Hybrid Pencil Dress with Mesh Neck £90
3. Hybrid Wiggle Long Sleeved Tie Dress £61
4. Mulan Bandage Bodycon Midi Dress £35
5. Lipsy Women’s Strappy Sleeveless Playsuit £40
1. Miss KG Eva £49 (was £85)
2. Missguided Abi Lace Up Peep Toe Heels In Cobalt Blue £30
3. KG by Kurt Geiger Kimberly Blue Leather Slingback Heeled Sandals £104 (was £130)
4. DUNE Hydro suede sandals £65
5. Missguided Petra Lace Up Detail Sandals £29.99
6. Office Je T’aime Sandals £48
7. Michael Antonio Lovina Satin Sandals £29
8. ALDO Blue Ankle Strap Heeled Sandals £42 (was £70)
9. Shoesissima Farah Colbolt Suede Strap Heeled Sandal £59 (was £74.99)
10. KG by Kurt Geiger Hayley Blue Snake Print Heeled Sandals £112 (was £140)
Thank you very much for reading!